Our COVID-19 Response Measures
New COVID-19 Patient Flow Guidelines:
- Call us at 780 487 6453 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment. If you are a new patient, please complete our New Patient Form
- Download and complete our Covid Patient Consent Form on the day of your appointment and bring it with you to provide to staff upon arrival. If you are unable to print the form at home, let us know and we will provide you one upon arrival to the appointment.
- Call to let us know you have arrived at the clinic; we ask that you wait in your vehicle rather than the waiting area to help prevent the inadvertent spread of the virus. Please remember to wear your face mask. If you do not have one, let us know when you call, and we will provide you with one.
- A staff member will call you in when the operatory is ready for your appointment and will meet you in the lobby to take your temperature and ask you to use the hand sanitizer provided before entering the clinic.
- Staff member will then take you directly into the operatory for your appointment.
- After your appointment has concluded, you will be asked to once again wear your face mask, wash and sanitize your hands and then be escorted out to reception once staff has confirmed no other patients are being dismissed at that time.
What if I cannot print out the COVID Patient Consent Form at home?
No problem, just let us know when you arrive, and we will provide you with a copy to fill out while you wait in your vehicle.
What if I don’t have a face mask, can I still attend my appointment?
Yes, any patient who attends an appointment will be provided a mask if they don’t have their own.
I have a slight fever; will I still be permitted to attend my appointment?
No, if you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned on the consent form, we ask that you re-schedule your appointment until such time that you are feeling better. If you arrive to your appointment and show a temperature reading of higher than 38 degrees, you will be asked to return home and reschedule for another time.
What safety precautions are in place when I visit the clinic?
We have implemented the following protocols in accordance with the ADA Guidelines published May 14th, 2020, these are added as a complement to our current infection control protocols.
- We are staggering appointment times to reduce waiting room exposure and to allow settle time for aerosols so each operatory can be disinfected.
- All staff providing direct patient care or working in patient care areas must wear a surgical/procedure mask continuously, at all times and in all areas of the workplace if they are either involved in direct patient contact or cannot maintain adequate physical distancing (2 metres) from patient and co-workers.
- Any staff who do not work in patient care areas, such as receptionists, or may not have direct patient contact are required to mask at all times in the workplace if a physical barrier e.g. plexiglass is not in place or if physical distancing (2 metres) cannot be maintained.